Noon to 5pm Sunday & Monday
10am to 7pm Tuesday
10am to 5pm Wed - Sat
Closed Sunday (from Memorial Day to Labor Day)
SEARCH THE LIBRARY CATALOG
We will be following safety protocols:
The donor's 2(only) boxes of books will be placed by the donor on a cart at the entrance door to the lobby between the town hall and library (south door).
The Friends volunteer will look over the books alone in the library while the donor is 6 feet away.
Any books not accepted will be returned to the donor.
We are excited about a future book sale and appreciate your cooperation and support during these trying times.
The Friends of the Pierson Library holds a book sale twice per year -
in the Fall and in the Spring.
Proceeds benefit the Pierson Library.
Book Donation Guidelines
THANK YOU! We are very happy to accept your donations of book in good condition.
Your donation will be added to the library’s collection or sold at the annual Friends of the Pierson Library Book Sale to help enhance our programs and services.
Please bring salable books to the library when it’s open. Please do not leave books outside or in the book drop.
We WILL accept:
- All Hardcover and Paperback books in good condition.
- CDs, DVDs, Audiobooks on CDs, Movies.
We CANNOT accept:
- Soiled, moldy, smoky or damp books.
- Damaged books with broken bindings, missing pages, or smoke or water damage.
- Books that are underlined, highlighted, or have torn pages, covers or bindings.
- Cookbooks or self-help books
- Textbooks or Magazines.
- Encyclopedias or Dictionaries.
- Condensed/Abridged books (Reader’s Digest, etc.)
- Toys, games, puzzles, artwork.
- Audio or video cassettes.
- Workbooks or study guides that are partially or wholly filled in.
- Outdated Business, Medical, Financial, and Computer books (over 10 years old).
- Boxes that have been moved directly from long term storage to the Library.
- Large quantities of books that are not in boxes or containers.
You can recycle paperbacks in your recyclables. Hardcovers must be dropped off at CSWD.
Goodwill accepts clean book donations.