Kid's Summer Reading Program!
We are very excited to bring you Imagine Your Story, our 2020 Summer Reading Program theme.
NOTE: CHILDREN'S "Take and Do" programs ARE FULL, and waiting list is also FULL. We doubled the number of program slots available, but unfortunately are now at capacity with what we are able to provide.
A huge thank you to our sponsors, The Friends of Pierson Library.
Dear Pierson Library Patrons,
We are reopening on a limited basis Monday, June 8th.
- 30 minutes to browse for materials, maximum of two people in a group or parent with two children.
- 11am-4pm Monday to Saturday, 4-8 as well on Tuesday.
- 11am-noon reserved for those 55 and older or immunocompromised.
- One computer available by reservation, printers available if you bring your own device. 30 minute limit.
- Facial coverings required, per town policy.
More details below:
We are happy to share that starting this Monday, June 8th we will be reopening to the public.
Here are some helpful tips and info for the reopening phase:
- Patrons can browse the collections for up to 30 minutes.
- One computer available for research/essential needs, sign up ahead of time for a time slot. Users who bring their own device may use the wifi and print as possible, but can only stay in the building for 30 minutes.
- Hours will be Noon-4pm Monday to Saturday, and additionally one late night 4pm-8pm Tuesday.
- Each day from 11am to Noon, the building will be open for those 55 and older or who are immunocompromised.
There will no programs, gatherings, or seating. There will be greatly increased sanitation practices and all the social distancing guidelines that members of the public are likely used to by now (keep six feet apart, wear a facial covering while in the building, wash hands or use hand sanitizer).
As you will see when visiting the library, we have installed sneeze guards at the check out desks and tape on the floors so you know where to stand.
Starting Monday, all adult check outs - that's Adult Fiction, Adult nonfiction, Adult DVD and Audio CD's - will happen upstairs. (we've installed scanners.)
All juvenile and young adult material will be checked out downstairs - picture books, Juvenile Fiction, nonfiction, YA and Juvenile Graphic Novels and DVD's and Audio CD's for the younger ones.
During this reopening phase, curbside pickup will be available by request, and will require a day's notice in order for staff to safely prepare materials.
And we'll have two drop boxes, one for kids downstairs and adults for upstairs and will be appropriately marked.
We are excited to reopen and begin offering all the resources we can during this phase.
As COVID-19 recedes more from the community, greater levels of service will be phased in accordingly.
Thanks for your understanding and patience as we work through this "new normal" to provide services to all the readers in Shelburne.
Please note that each library in Vermont sets its own policy based on the guidance from the state coupled with local conditions. There may be libraries offering more services sooner, and will likely be libraries offering less services as well. Budgets, facilities, and the level of COVID-19 in the community dictate each library’s ability to offer services: so please be patient with us and other libraries as we all work to balance safety with service.
Please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions, we're happy to help.
You can call 985-5124 or email email@example.com.
Look forward to seeing you.
All the best,
-Pierson Library Staff