Pierson Library is shifting to Curbside "Plus" starting November 23rd
In order for patrons and staff to stay safe while there is an elevated number of Covid-19 cases in Vermont, the library will go back to "contactless" curbside pickup for Shelburne, Charlotte and Hinesburg residents starting Monday, November 23rd. You can either call 985-5124 during the hours below or email email@example.com to place a request. Hours for curbside pickup are:
· 10am – 4pm Monday through Saturday, with a 4pm-8pm late night on Tuesdays
The library can pull a maximum of ten items per family per day.
You will be notified once your materials are ready to pick up. Items will be placed in the foyer of the West Entrance (the one with the bookdrop). Due to space constraints, materials must be picked up the same day or the next day after patrons are notified.
What does the "plus" mean? Pierson is allowing limited indoor browsing and computer use by exception only, so if you must use a computer or browse, you can do so by contacting staff during open hours, and we'll set up an appointment for you to do so - maximum of one family at a time, for a maximum of 15 minutes browsing (30 minutes computer). In addition to this exception, the library will also be offering:
- Weekly homebound delivery for patrons 65+ or those immunocompromised - call us at 985-5124 to schedule a delivery.
- Printing of documents, up to 20 pages per week, at no cost: email us your document at firstname.lastname@example.org as a .pdf or .docx document, and we'll print it in black and white for free and notify you when it is ready to pick up.
- Browsing new books at our new book carts in the windows of the South Entrance, so you can see and choose new titles for kids and adults which we'll check out to you right away.
- Take and make crafts, with online meet up times for kids and families to craft together (this will start after the Thanksgiving holiday, stay tuned!)
Know that we do not take closing the library's doors lightly, as we have enjoyed seeing you and getting to serve you safely. We look forward to Covid-19 receding again so we can continue to fulfill our vision of "Learning, Gathering and Celebrating Community!"
Director, Pierson Library
Adult programs--like cookbook club, book club and various special events--are happening online We feel these are an important way for us to keep the community of Shelburne connected during this challenging time.
Kids programs--are also taking place online.
If you'd like to be wait-listed for any of these programs, or are interested in helping to launch a new education program with the library, please don't hesitate to reach out, we're happy to help.
You can call 985-5124 or email email@example.com.
Look forward to seeing you.
All the best,
-Pierson Library Staff